In Centre-du-Québec, discover, enjoy and taste everything the 85 kilometers of great scenery and welcoming stops along the St Lawrence river have to offer.
- Start with a little walk on the footbridge on stilts at the Parc Écomaritime de l'Anse-du-Port and observe the abundant, diversified and marvellous flora and fauna. Climb to the top of the 12 meter high tower and enjoy a magnificent view of the river, or eat on the banks of the St Lawrence river at low tide.
- To learn about the local Acadian immigrants history, make a stop at the Société acadienne Port-Royal museum.
- Have a bite at the Fromagerie l'Ancêtre. This cheese factory is a pioneer in her field and makes organic cheeses. Explore and enjoy their great selection of products.
- Relax and take care of yourself. Spend quality time for the 2 days and nights at the Auberge Godefroy. While you are there, why not cool off in the nature spa and take advantage of the facilities…
- Spend a pleasant evening at the microbrewery Ô Quai des Brasseurs. Have an excellent meal and, if you want, taste one of their beers! To end the day in style, try the immersive night tour Echoes of Origins at the Centre de la biodiversité du Québec (reservation required).
DAY 2 :
Today, discover these places :
- La Maison de Bibi - Café-Boutique : Have a relaxing lunch on the small terrace or inside, then take time to look at their passionately hand-made soaps at the boutique. Don’t leave empty handed. Buy a box of fudges and save it for a succulent solution to your next craving.
- Le Fief de la Rivière : Make a quick stop at this vineyard to discover different products. Fun Fact : one of the two owners is a doctor, so they named their product line « Globul », a great way to represent their two passions.
- Distillerie du Quai : Meet a gin producer also mixing two passions : music and gin. Each vintage has been especially produced over the sound of its unique playlist. A beautiful universe to explore!
- Quai de Sainte-Angèle : Have a little break in the evening at the Ste-Angèle quay. If you are in luck, you could be part of one of the Quai en Fête events. Check out the calendar on their website.
DAY 3 :
To wrap up this little tour, what about a day with a constant view on the rive and with many pleasant places to discover and enjoy slowly :
- Moulin Michel de Gentilly : On the program, visit of the mill and lunch. This ancient buckwheat flour mill is still in operation and grinding. Discover its history and have an excellent lunch full of local products.
- Bleuet & Cie : On season, you can pick blueberries. Off season, you can always buy blueberry themed products. Enjoy a good coffee on their pretty terrace.
- Entre Fleuve & Brebis : Little gourmet stopover. This family dairy creates artisanal products. *Note : Friday to Sunday, succulent crepes in a cone are available for take-out. They are delicious!
Feeling like taking a break to look at the river and watch boats go by? Put these 2 stops on your schedule for the day:
All along the way, your taste buds will be tempted by great farming and fishing products as well as home-made recipes introducing you to the many flavors of Centre-du-Québec. Also, information points will tell you about the maritime history of the region.
Pssst! This route continues into the Chaudière-Appalaches and Bas-Saint-Laurent regions.
To plan a route on the Route des Navigateurs, visit the route’s website at routedesnavigateurs.ca!
For more details on the itinerary for this getaway, download the map HERE.